Use Marketing Automation to Woo Email Subscribers
Posted on 03/25/2015
You’re busy, that’s a given. So any type of organizational or marketing tool that can handle time-consuming tasks will make your life a little easier. This is the perfect reason to use a marketing automation system.
Of course, a marketing automation system won’t do everything for you; it’s important not to abuse the convenience of automating all of your work, and it’s still necessary to incorporate human thought and interaction into the process. But a good automation system can help attract prospects and convert them into customers.
Here are five types of email communication that can easily be automated.
1. Welcome emails. Sending an automated welcome email is an excellent (and expected) way to engage with both prospective and new customers. You could also ask them to tell you more about themselves and personalize your messages to their interests.
2. Requests for testimonials. Asking for great reviews from satisfied customers can give you valuable content to use in your marketing pieces. For best results, have a little personality when you ask for a review, and perhaps even include helpful links to your social networks for them to share their experience with others.
3. Anniversary and birthday messages. It’s easy to forget, but your customers are real people who like to celebrate special occasions. Celebrate these occasions with them by sending an automated email that says, “Congrats!” or “Have a special day.” This takes next to no effort but the payback in building relationships is priceless.
4. Thank-you messages. Set up an automatic thank-you email, triggered when a customer makes a purchase. That way your thank-you message is immediate, and you can follow up later with news about promotions or sales she might be interested in based on past purchases.
5. Data updates. Your database is the heart of your marketing efforts, so it’s necessary to keep it current and complete by updating preference, demographic and behavioral information. Automation can help you do this. For example, you could use a basic email campaign to lead users to a prepopulated form where they could update their information and provide additional specifics.
Other messages you could automate include daily tips or educational content, re-engagement campaigns to win back old customers or a top-of-mind campaign to keep your prospects engaged throughout the sales process.
Want to learn more about marketing automation or get a little help with your next marketing campaign? Call us at 877.447.8936 or contact us to learn more.