5 Tips to Reduce Online Shopping Cart Abandonment
Posted on 02/26/2015
Shopping cart abandonment is a common issue for online retailers, but a few easy steps can help you reduce the rate at which your customers bail on the payment process—and even a small reduction can make a big difference.
Think about this: If your shopping cart abandonment rate is 60% and you reduce it to even 56%, your online orders would increase by 10%. That’s huge. Don’t lose people once you have them where you want them. Here are five simple tips to improve your payment form:
1. Include as few fields as possible. If your form looks too long, people will give up. Only ask for the information you really need.
2. Include a short but compelling message. You have one more chance to encourage customers to finish the process—just keep it brief.
3. Use single-page forms. Traditionally they have outperformed multiple-page forms.
4. Make sure your form is mobile-friendly. As the number of mobile users continues to grow, it’s important that your form displays well on small screens.
5. Don’t send customers to another site to buy. SignPresence offers an easier way to accept online payments so customers never have to leave your site to make a secure payment.
Learn how SignPresence can help you decrease shopping cart abandonment and increase online orders by calling 877.446.7163 or email email@example.com.